All statistics are referenced. Click on the “read more” tabs to view sources. This is only a sample of available statistics. More statistics arranged according to category can be found in the menu above
Alcohol & Drugs
- Alcohol consumption in Muslim regions of the world (Middle East and North Africa) increased by 25% in 5 years.
- In 2007, Afghanistan produced an extraordinary 8,200 tonnes of opium (93% of the global opiates market).
- In 2010 Malaysia was the world’s tenth largest consumer of alcohol. (read more)
- 4 out of 5 Middle-Eastern women are sexually abused between the ages of 3 and 6 by family members.
- More than half of all Yemeni girls are married before reaching puberty.
- 94% of Yemeni children (2-14 yrs) subjected to violence from a parent or guardian. (read more)
Crimes Against Muslims
- Anti-Muslim incidents in the US are dropping and only account for 1.3% of all hate crimes.
- Jewish victims of hate crimes in the US outnumber Muslim victims by a 10-1 ratio.
- Anti-Christian incidents outnumber anti-Muslim incidents in the US. (read more)
Health & Disability
- A rough estimate shows that close to half of all Muslims in the world are inbred.
- Muslim countries have the highest obesity rates among women and 70% of women in the Gulf states are obese.
- Almost a 1/4 of Muslims say they would only donate an organ if it was going to another Muslim. (read more)
- 25% of UK mosques have extremist literature calling for the beheading of lapsed Muslims etc.
- Almost 80 percent (3 out of every 4) of US mosques preach anti-West extremism.
- Mosque attendance is dropping faster than church attendance in the Netherlands. (read more)
- Google survey finds mostly Muslim states seek access to sex-related websites (they rank 1, 2, 4, 5, 7 & 8 in the top 10).
- Iranians made the highest number of visits to “immoral sites” on Ashura Day.
- Pakistan ranked No. 1 in searches for “child sex,” “animal sex,” “rape sex,” “camel sex,” “dog sex,” “rape video.” (read more)
- OIC countries have 8.5 scientists/engineers/technicians per 1,000 population, whilst the world average is 40.7.
- Only 8% of Egyptians, 11% of Malaysians, and 22% of Turks agree that Darwin’s theory is probably or most certainly true.
- 46 Muslim countries contribute 1.17% to world science literature, compared to 1.66% by India and 1.48% by Spain. (read more)
- 1 out of 3 British Muslims aged 16 to 24 believe that Muslim apostates should be executed.
- Majority of worlds Muslims favor changing laws in their countries to allow stoning/amputation for “crimes”, and death for apostasy.
- Poll finds neither education nor age explains attitudes toward the role of Shari’ah in legislation. (read more)
- 2011 Study finds no link between poverty and support for militant Islamic groups.
- Esposito/Mogahed find almost 4 out of 10 Muslims worldwide are extremists who think 9/11 was totally/partially/somewhat justified.
- Muslims less than 1% of the US population, yet constitute more than 80% of terror convictions. (read more)
- In terms of cultural/tribal/religious danger to women, 4 of the 5 most dangerous countries are Muslim majorities.
- Saudi Arabia has the second-highest divorce-rate in the world. Polygamy is responsible for up to 55% of these divorces.
- Egyptian study contradict widely held belief that unveiled women are more likely to suffer harassment than veiled ones. (read more)
- Pew survey finds all 7 Muslim-majority nations polled have a negative opinion of Jews 91-98% hostile (2-9% positive).
- Antisemitic incidents around the world more than doubled in 2009 over the previous year.
- Most violent attacks on Jews in Western Europe comes from people of Arab/Muslim heritage. (read more)
- 2011 Pew poll finds 1 out of every 10 Muslim American thinks President Obama is really a Muslim.
- 46% of UK Muslims believe “the Jewish community in Britain is in league with the Freemasons to control the media and politics.”
- Most Muslims in all 8 nations polled in 2011 believe 9/11 attacks were not by Arabs (57-75%). (read more)
Education & Employment
- Nearly 1 in 3 people in the Arab world are illiterate, including nearly half of all women.
- Muslims have the highest unemployment rates in the UK. 1/2 of Muslim men and 3/4 of Muslim women are unemployed.
- Muslims in Denmark make up 5% of the population but receive 40% of social-welfare outlays. (read more)
- Homosexual relationships, acts or behavior illegal in 36 Islamic countries. 10 impose the death penalty for homosexuals.
- Two thirds of all reported incidents of anti-gay violence in Amsterdam are by Muslim youths.
- A 2009 Gallup survey could not find a single UK Muslim who approved of homosexuality. (read more)
- Pew study finds Islam loses as many adherents via conversion as it gains. Growing numbers only due to high birth rate etc.
- Muslim population of France only 12%, yet they make up 60 to 70% of all inmates in France’s prisons.
- 75% of new Muslim converts in the US leave Islam within a few years. (read more)
Ramadan & Eid
- Productivity of Arab businesses drops by 78%, and there are increases in blood crimes (+1.5%) and theft (+3.5%)
- Number of Jakarta prostitutes caught increased from 94, before Ramadan , to 264 during it.
- An estimated 90 million Muslims suffer from migraine headaches during Ramadan fasting. (read more)
- There are 164 Jihad verses in the Qur’an & nearly 500 verses (roughly 1 out of every 12) that speak of Hell.
- Practicing Muslims recite anti-Semitic & anti-Christian rhetoric at least 17 times a day, and over 5,000 times a year.
- 122 peaceful Qur’anic verses have been abrogated by the Sword verse (9:5) and Fighting verse (9:29). (read more)
- Africans taken (or died in the process of being taken) as slaves by Muslims is estimated to be higher than 140 million.
- 1.25 million white European Christians were captured and sold into the Muslim slave trade between the 16th and 19th century.
- The Islamic slave trade still flourishes in Muslim countries. There are over half a million slaves in Mauritania alone. (read more)
- Five of the nations ranked least peaceful in the world by the Global Peace Index are Islamic countries.
- 8 of the top 10 persecutors of Christians are Islamic countries. Of the top 30 countries, only 7 have a source other than Islam.
- As of March 2011, more than 30 people accused of Blasphemy under Pakistani law have been killed by lynch mobs. (read more)
- Poll of 27 countries find Western Muslims remain faithful to countries of origin (France 80%, UK 82%, & Germany 71%).
- Skepticism of Muslim immigration spread across the entire political spectrum, no longer limited to “right-wing” political fringe.
- Outreach to the Arab world fails: US less popular under Obama than the last year of the Bush administration. (read more)